Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A Birthday in Bolivia :D

Our Zone at the Temple
Hey Everyone!!

Sorry, I was a dork last week and forgot to inform you that I wouldn't be able to write until today. We visited the temple as a zone, so our P-day got switched, but YES:) I love you all and hope that it was another great week of summer for ya´ll! 
Las Hermanas at the temple! Que guapas ;D
Since we usually don't have water in the house, we hadn't showered in a week.  We didn't want to offend anyone, so we decided to ask the Hermanas to lend us their shower, haha!
Funny: We were visiting a humble family for the first time, and we were asking their names. I could understand all of their names pretty well because they were simple and spoke clearly, but when it came time for one of the teenagers to say his name it was super mumbled....I asked him about 3 times to repeat his name, and then just decided to guess. I said, "Oh! Wow! Great to meet you, Javier!"....everyone started laughing, and my companion and I joined them when he said his name was "Amilkar"..not even CLOSE, hahahah!!
During intercambios with the other Hnas, we like to take pictures so that we can hang them in our house for them to see. However, with this Hermana, we forgot to take a picture until we were home at night,
so we decided to proselyte our own door, haha!
There are tons of parks and soccer fields here. It is awesome, but super dusty sometimes, haha:D
Cultural: Bolivia is really great for a lot of reasons, but there are also some sad facts. The girls here tend to get pregnant really young (15-17 years old). It is really sad because usually they have to drop out of school and end up raising a family by themselves. I love kids, but I am OH SO GRATEFUL that I am just serving a mission right now, and not raising a family without an education!
This picture is one of my favorites, because my companion is pretty short and she tried to take a selfie, hahaha!
You just gotta love her!
Spiritual: Visiting the temple is always amazing, but today was especially neat because for the first time in all of my trips on the mission to the temple, I could UNDERSTAND what was happening. It feels really good to be in the temple, but especially when you can understand the language, haha!
I had one of the best birthdays ever here, because our pensionista, Hna Maggie made me BROWNIES!!!!!!:D And, it was an American recipe. What the heck? Haha:D She is so incredibly sweet and I feel like she is my mother here:)
Have the best darn week of your life y hasta lunes:D
Love you all!
Hna Garff
We also had ice cream...
And lemon pie with our district
I also bought a sandwich maker for my birthday because we have lots of intercambios with the hermanas and we have decided that we are done with eating oatmeal for breakfast;D This was one of the best decisions of my LIFE, jajaja:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment