Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, June 12, 2017

Back to Cochabamba


This is family Ferufino. With Lisbeth who is really sick, her husband, mom, 3 kids and brother and sister. They are amazing! Simply the most humble of all families and very kind. I will miss them so much!
Hello Everyone!
This week was another incredible week completely full of miracles, which is why there is a lot of information in the spiritual colum this week:) Also, I recently got my new transfer to serve in Cochabamba, Cala Cala as a capacitadora with one of my good friends, Hermana Renovato. I am so excited to serve with my new companion and the other Hermanas!

This is Hermana Madsen, one of the Hnas that I get to work with in Sucre. Sometimes contacting can be a bit dangerous, haha:D
Funny/Cultural: We ate fried egg plant this week...when we started eating, everyone became skeptical, but nobody said anything until her son bravely asked "Mom, what is this?" looking a Little ofended, but also culpable, she retorted "it`s meat." Directly after, he continued to press what everyone was wondering "what kind of meat" to which she responded, "fish"....that was DEFINITELY not fish!! But, God blessed us with the gift of tongues to be able to finish the fried...fish!:)
Our pensionista made TOMATO SOUP for us. Not having tomato soup for 10 months was crazier than I thought it would be. I nearly cried at tasting this;D
Spiritual: Serving in Sucre has been such an incredible experience, and I was especially able to learn a lot from my recent companion, Hermana Lopez. She is the absolute greatest and I learned how to excercise faith to see miracles, how to have the perfect balance when teaching and how to become a better leader. She fears no man, including cualquier missionary and I love that!! 
I was also able to see the miacle of true converts. My two converts from this área are incredible, and are progressing a lot in the church. They are already changing the Ward a ton through their service and their love for the missionary work. Juan Pablo, the younger convert, has plans to serve a misión and his dad is in line to become the bishop!
My companion is friends with ALL of the dogs in the Street, but I guess I am a little more picky. THIS dog, however is one of my favorites because she is SUPER sweet and loves to follow us around!
I have always had faith in the priesthood, but this week was special. Lisbeth, who hadn`t eaten for 5 weeks and was about to go into surgery for something the doctors weren`t sure about, She recieved a blessing from the bishop, waited another 3 hours after was able to eat again. She is slowly recooperating right now and is on track to be healthy again within a few months. The power of the priesthood is so real, and faith is a real thing! This miracle did not come with a lack of faith. Their whole family, nosotras and the leaders in the ward have been praying for them for WEEKS!
Lastly, I was able to really put my faith in the work. Because we were diligent and relied on the Lord, we have been able to encounter amazing people these past few weeks. Specifically, we got to meet this sweet woman named Liseth who, within the first 2 minutes of our visit, expressed her need to get baptized.
I love being a missionary and I love seeing the hand of God work in my life every day. This church is true, I have always known that, but to see others testify of this is the reason why I am here!
I love you all,
Hermana Garff
I love my companion, but I guess we have our differences. I got a super sweet chocolate, oreo ice cream swirl, and Hna Lopez got beat yogurt....YUP it`s time for cambios...;D


No comments:

Post a Comment