Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Loving the People of Bolivia, (and throwing pamphlets at them)

No explanation went along with this.  I hope the owners knew that they were doing this...
Katie is companions with Hermana Romero.  She is from Peru and is very patient.  Katie loves serving with her in Ingavi
Hello Everyone!

Bolivia is so great, and I am loving it here so much! Here are some great things that happened this week!

Funny moment: My companion and I were walking down the street when we felt impressed to look up. We saw a women looking out of her window so we decided to preach to her. She was sick so she couldn't come downstairs, but we decided to try to throw a pamphlet up to her. She started backing away pretty fast, and said that we could come back so long as we didn't throw the pamphlet at her, haha!

Cultural moment: Bolivia doesn't have any carpet! This was a very interesting adjustment for me! Also, All of the houses here are 1-3 rooms big and usually only have one, faint light bulb in each room. However, only one light bulb is needed because the people are so bright and wonderful!
Katie and some sisters when they met to watch Women's conference.  Yes!  That is Hermana Lizzy Mitchell on the right!
Spiritual moment: I have noticed that I cannot understand any Spanish on the streets, but when I am in lessons, God loosens my ears and my tongue so that I can help others. This is such a tender mercy to me, and such a great reminder that this mission is absolutely not about me. It is about the people that I am serving!

I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment