Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, October 2, 2017

A Trip to the Hospital

Never a Dull Moment
Hey Everyone:)

I have a big announcement-I´m PREGNANT:D

Ok, not really, but we were in the hospital for two days because during the first session of General Conference I fainted, haha:D Really, it wasn't anything serious. I had a fever two days prior and the doctor told me that my temperature simply increased rapidly for about 2 hours and determined that that was the cause of the incident....BUT my companion and I think it was simply the Spirit:)
Earlier in the week, one of the packages we sent arrived.  Katie asked for Pepto-Bismal as it has been a highly requested item among the missionaries.  Yup - some ask for shoes or peanut butter - Katie requests Pepto-Bismal.  
Also earlier that week...
"A bunch of new Hermanas arrived in Cochabamba and we got the great opportunity to serve with 2 of them:D"
Funny/Cultural: The hospital really was the greatest because we laughed SO HARD:D I was searching for the button to move my chair up and down (because it is super fun), but I ended up pressing the button to call the nurse. They ran into the room all panicked, but we ended up making great friends with them:D ...in fact, we ended up pressing that same button about 5 times because my companion was thirsty, my companion was hungry AND I wanted to walk around, etc., etc., etc, haha:D

One more funny story: Because I wanted to walk around, I started to get out of bed, but my blood started filling the IV tube and I started FREAKING out, haha:D So, yes, the pictures really show that pretty well, and also my prayer at the end of the day (arms elevated) in order to keep my blood INSIDE of me;D

Spiritual: Even though we only listened to the conference for 2 sessions, it was so special, becuase I listened to it in Spanish, and it was so powerful:D I loved that the main concept of the sessions were: be obedient, remember that God loves you and the family is important.

I definitely testify of those messages. I love General Conference, I love my Savior and I love my family:)

Have a wonderful week!
Hna Garff

As an ending note, we were able to communicate with Katie and she informed us that the medications they have had her take are beginning to work.  We are hoping for a full recovery soon as we are not too sure the hospital will welcome them back after their holiday there.  Honestly, they continued their missionary service while there as they made friends with the nurses and staff at the hospital.  


No comments:

Post a Comment