Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, October 9, 2017

Back to Work in Bolivia

Leadership conference-I love Pdte y Hna Montoya:D

Hola:D
This week was really great, but it totally FLEW BY! I learned so much, especially from my companion:) Hermana Andreve is the best. She is always laughing, joking around and with a smile. She is an extremly dedicated missionary and I am learning so much from her in the best and most efficient ways. She is from Panama, is 21 years old, likes to play volleyball and loves to tease me about marriage so she always prays for my extremely handsome husband to be;D
We celebrated the birthday of one Hna by decorating her mirror...yah, a bit lame, but at least we decorated the right mirror(we almost decorated that of her companion;)) AND we bought her brownies so THAT is a definite plus;D
Funny: There are a few pictures that I have attached that describe the result of making a cake for our pensionista. Despite our best efforts (and even saying a prayer before-hand so that everything would go well), she humbly told us that she would help us the next time;)
We made a cake for our pensionista and she was very humble in accepting it, but gave us a few tips, and timidly told us "nice try, but next time, we can do it together;)" She is awesome, haha!
Oh, and because the cake was so...interesting, she gave us a few pieces to savor for a later time...
and we fed it to the dogs, haha, next time;D
 I was sick last week, so it was my companion's turn to be sick, haha;)
She had almost the same thing that I had, but now we feel better:)
Cultural: Road kill is something that is very common, but the road kill that I have attached in one of the pictures has a very particular story. We took a picture of road kill on the way back from a service project and we came to find out later that night that it was our neighbor´s pet...it´s good we didn't start the conversation with "Oh wow, what stinks?" or "Wow, when will that get cleaned up?"...haha;D
Road-kill: pretty darn common;)
We worked with the Elders in our ward to serve one of our investigators, but we just ended up talking about the gospel, which was awesome, but lol, we didn't do any service, haha:)
Spiritual: I have learned so much about mission work from my companions but also from the elders in my ward. The elders are opening an area (which can be a very difficult thing to do), and my companion is still fighting a sickness, BUT they NEVER give up and they are always working hard to be as diligent as they can be, so cool:)

Have a great week!
Hna Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment