Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, October 23, 2017

A Lesson in Pancakes and Bananas


Pancakes - Just because you can, doesn't always mean that you should...
LOL, we tried to make pancakes, and, yup, maybe we should practice more, haha;D
Hey Everyone:)

This week has been awesome, and honestly, it absolutely FLEW by! I actually feel like I was just writing yesterday, but YES:) How awesome to hear from you all again, I won't complain:)
This is Alex:) He is super awesome and super smart:) He has plans to be baptized in two weeks and we are so excited for him!
Funny: One funny thing, is that my companion and I have made it a goal to cook more (becuase we are really lacking in that area) and so we bought lots of ingredients to try something different....not only did we feel sick all week, but our whole house smelled like onions....so we are trying more basic things this week, hahahaha!;D
The festival that our stake had to celebrate all of the different countries where their missionaries are serving, it was so cool, AND I learned that there are 2 missions in INDIA, SO COOL!
This is just a picture to show one of the funny things we did this week. When plans get canceled, we like to do crazy things, like ring all of the doorbells in one apartment within 3 seconds of each other. It is really funny and I can't wait to do that when I get home;)
Cultural: Pam doesn't exist in Bolivia, so making pancakes was a bit difficult (see pics;)) but we gave it our best try and learned that we can just use butter to grease the pan but oil in the pancake mix....it was a great week;)
These pictures are just to demonstrate just how many bannans are in Bolivia. They are everywhere:) But the funny thing is, is that my companions from Ecuador have told me that this quantity of bannans doesn't even TOUCH the quantity there -  WHAT? is that even possible? 



Spiritual: We had an AMAZING week absolutely full of miracles. We had 11 new investigators again, but really good ones!! I want to mention one: we had made an appointement with a contact who didn't seem too interested, but after a week of not hearing from us, he called us to make sure that we were going to visit him. His name is Gustavo and really, he is like a spiritual sponge! He is super smart, read the pamphlet that we had left him, and told us practically every detail. Although he told us that he doesn't believe he can follow the Gospel path, he also didn't know how to feel the Spirit and get an answer from God. We taught him how to feel it and we have another appointment this next week. We shall see, Gustavo;D

I love you all and hope the best for you:)
Hna Garff
This is how I have decided to decorate my planner for this transfer: with a fatbooth picture that my sister, Rachel, altered for me, haha;) I love telling people that I have lost lots of weight on the mission, because they look really shocked and then make some crazy comment or hold it up to other fat things (like this baby;))

No comments:

Post a Comment