Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, September 25, 2017

Happy Student Day, First Day of Spring, and Love Day

Part of the clothes from the night of the clothing exchange..it is a good thing that Elders don't wear skirts;)
Hey Everyone:D
First of all, Happy Student day, first day of Spring and Love day (as of Sep 21st). It was a crazy party week in Bolivia, haha:D
During the conference we had a little family reunion because I got to see my two "hijas" from the mission together, so cool!

Hna Renovato is definitely a minion from Dispicable Me:) Her phrases, her laugh and...her size;D
We had a clothing exchange for Women's Conference and a few of the Hermanas went a little bit crazy... hahah:D
Also, yesterday we received transfers and I will be serving with Hna Andreve from Panama (more on her next week:)). Also, it was incredibly hard to say goodbye to my best friend from the misison (Hna Renovato). She really is the absolute best and her family is so blessed to get to see her tomorrow!
Hna Garcés and I wanted to make a surprise for Hna Renovato, so we bought the stuffed animals that represent us (Hna Renovato-racoon because she is very mischievous, me-monkey because I eat fruit all day and every day and Hna Garcés -hippopotamus because there is a song in Spanish that uses her name...so of course we sang that every day;))
....yah, weird but I hope that made sense
We also tried to make her a cake...yah, TRIED! haha!
Funny/Cultural: The pictures really say it all. It was a crazy, funny and cultural week this week as we accidentally destroyed a cake, found a laundry mat and painted part of the city walls;)
We found a LAUNDRY MAT:D I LOVE laundry mats and now, have a very different love and respect for them.
Yup, this picture is a perfect summary of our crazy companionship;D
Spiritual: Yesterday, we taught an extremely humble man named Carlos. He didn't know how to pray and didn't understand that God and Christ were two separate beings either. But, upon learning those truths, his countenance changed completely and became very excited during the lesson:)
We had a missionary event in the church where all the return missionaries talked about their mission. It was AWESOME! Especially because I got to see the change in the missionary lessons. They started out teaching with HUGE flash cards, and then it got switched to a flip book, and now we have pamphlets. CRAZY:D
The original missionary planners, haha:D And, they weren't for 6 weeks, the paper only represents 1 week!
It was fun to see pics of the RMs in their missions, but more than anything, it was very educational for me. The blanket that you can see in the picture is the SAME TYPE of blanket that we use now...I am now much more motivated to take my blankets to my new best friend-the dry cleaners;)
These, (below), are more pics of baptisms in Sucre. His conversion story is amazing:D He was actually very closed off to the church (even when I was there), but little by little, through tons of little service acts, invites to activities and mini conversations, he slowly heated up to the lessons and got baptized by his dad (my convert):D

Missionary work is so cool!

I love you all and hope that all is well in SLC:D
Hna Garff

Look what I painted!:D JK, but it feels good to pretend sometimes;)

No comments:

Post a Comment