Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, September 4, 2017

Happy Día de Peatón!

 To celebrate Hna Garcés´ first month in the mission, I drew a picture of the reality of how we proselyte. The two Lamanites (or half Lamanites) with the Nephite and her umbrella, haha:D
Katie is currently thinking that she is much taller than she really is.  Coming home might be sort of a shock...
Welcome to the story of our companionship. It is crazy, but we love it!
Hola:D

And, Happy Día de Peatón:D Or, Happy Pedestrian Day:D (more on that below) And also, I would just like to share how happy I am:) I absolutely LOVE the hermanas in my zone, my companions, my area, and the Gospel. This was an amazing week for many different reasons, but mostly just becuase I felt so happy every single moment of every day. I love being a missionary:D
 

 


Cultural: Día de peatón: This day is SO COOL because no automobiles are allowed in the streets, so there are tons of families out walking all day. It was a perfect opportunity to contact TONS of people, and we did it in style by centering our contacts completely on families.
Pedestrian day continued...I LOVE pedestrian day:D


Funny: Hna Garcés saw a baby bird trying to fly in the park and decided to chase it down to hold it...she also obligated us to hold it, but I was a big wus and didn´t want to...long story short, I ended up holding the bird, but after praying (haha) and squeezing it really tightly in my hands. Afterwards, Hna Garcés held the bird again, but because I had squeezed it too tightly, the bird ended up pooping in her hands and we had to go find a fountain to rinse, haha!
The Baby Bird
  
Rubén and David:D They are amazing!
Spiritual: Part of the reason that this week was so great is because Hna Garcés, the new missionary that Hna Renovato and I get to train, is amazing. She is conquering a lot of her fears right now, and we are so proud of her! One incredible thing that she did this week was invite one of our investigators to get baptized and he said YES:D 
It is Hna Garcés´ birthday this weeks and so we are celebrating BIG TIME! And, other Hermanas as well:) I LOVE the hermanas in my zone. They are so thoughtful and simply the greatest!
They made Hna 
Garcés' bannana bread:)
Girls are very funny sometimes. After making the bannana bread, the Hnas felt badly about eating so much, so they resolved to doing a few push-ups to burn some of it off....haha, I love them:D
I love you all and hope that you are finding a bit of happiness every single day, for God's plan is one of happiness:D

Hna Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment