Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, April 17, 2017

Carpet!

When we had the leadership conference, we were able to stay in the mission home over-night and I cried when I saw and felt the carpet beneath my toes:)  I love carpet and will never under-estimate it's ability to please ever again!
Hey Everyone:D
This week was so great, and I sincerely hope that you were all able to have a great week too:D I would LOVE for you all to meet my great, new companion! Her name is Hermana Lopez and she is a RIOT! She is from Tennessee, but was born in Peru and also lived in Utah twice and Costa Rica once. She speaks English and Spanish, so we speak a good mix of Spanglish;D What I love about her is that she is so kind, and always strives to be better. She is 20 years old, and she has 9 months in the mission. We are honestly great friends even just after a week. I am so grateful for her!
Funny: We live in a garage, so it is always really cold in the night, so we sleep with 4 alpacha blankets:) The funny thing is that because the blankets weigh a ton, so we usually end up kicking them off during the night (thus, it is also essential to wear hats and coats at night so that when we kick the blankets off, we won`t freeze, haha:D)!
Another funny thing was that I was trying to express how rare it was that one of our investigators had a kind and loyal husband, but I accidentally said "raro"....which means weird, haha;D
Cultural: There are lots of little holidays here, one of which is "dia del niƱo" which is like a day to celebrate kids. It was awesome, and I love that the people take time to appreciate their kids:D Also, the people celebrate La Pascua (Easter) really interestingly. Some families celebrate with 12 plates of food! Our pensionista didn`t cook 12 plates of food, but she cooked something very...interesting, haha! There is a great picture, but I can`t send any pictures because the computer can`t read my memory. Maybe the next week;D But yes, it was a strange mix of this green soup, mashed, red, something, fideos, onions, tomatoes and I honestly have no idea what else, haha:D
Spiritual: Hna Lopez is the greatest, and is also very creative. We were able to sing Easter songs to a bunch of people in the area of other sisters in our zone to help them find new investigators and it was great! We were able to find about 20 new people to teach:D
I love learning in the mission, and I love what I am doing! Have a great week! 

Hna Garff 

No comments:

Post a Comment