Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, March 6, 2017

We All Need 4 Ducks and "Special Spanish"

Note: In her new area, the computers do not accommodate Katie's photo memory card.  She has promised to send more pictures next week.

HELLO Everyone:D

I am in Sucre and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the people, the culture, the food, todo!:D What I love the most is that there are no fences:) I served in Ingavi, which was probably the wealthiest area in Bolivia. It was wonderful and I loved it, but there are NO FENCES to keep us from reaching the people!

Funny: We were teaching the Restoration one day and I was likening the 4 principles we need to that of a chair (we need 4 chair legs/4 principles to be able to sit down (or have a strong foundation in the church). However, I accidentally said we need 4 "patos" (no "patas")....which means that we need 4 DUCKS to sit comfortably in a chair...solid, haha!

Cultural: The people hear are WONDERFUL, but the house development is a little slower. Hardly anybody in Sucre has a functioning bathroom or a running shower with hot water. Gratefully, we have both of those, but WOW! That was definitely a shock to me!

Spiritual: God has blessed me abundantly with the language. Por FIN I feel like I can understand just about anyone and I can say just about anything....but with "special" Spanish, haha:D

No comments:

Post a Comment