Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, March 13, 2017

No Dragons in Sucre

My New Zone
Hey Everyone:)

This was an incredible week and I learned "oso" much!!! I was able to go on exchanges with two sister trainers and we are going to have 2 baptisms next week:D
Celebrating birthdays here is a bit different:D
Funny: Bolivians celebrate birthdays a bit diferently. There is always a giant cake and the person with the birthday "takes a bite out of the cake" but in reality, everyone knows that their face gets smashed into the cake when they go to take a bite. It is awesome! 
There are pigs in this area!

Cultural: Our area is absolutely beautiful and it is filled with livestock! I have seen pigs, goats, chickens, cows and sheep! It is amazing and I am so happy to be here (with the exception that I haven`t seen any dragons....;()
A CUTE girl whose parents were recently baptized as of a month ago.  Her name is Gabby and my companion and I love her TO DEATH!
Spiritual: Because I am serving as a sister training leader, we get to have exchanges with the other sisters. This week we had two exchanges where I got to serve in two different areas. The people are incredible just about everywhere here, but what I loved was the strong desire that the sister trainers had for their companions and the strong desire they have to serve the people in their area. The sisters in my district are incredible and I love and will learn so much from them!
A cute girl from one of the pensionistas during intercambios.  She loves to "jump high" and she loves it when we take pictures of her...so I have a lot on my camera, haha!
It looks like we cooked something, but in reality, we just washed her dishes and threw on some aprons, haha:D

I love you all so much:) Thanks for your love and support!

Hermana Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment