Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, March 20, 2017

Things Are Sweet in Sucre

El baptismo de Familia Duran (Juan, Pablo, y Mario)!
Hey Everyone:D

This week was amazing! I was able to grow in so many new ways, and see the hand of God every day:) Specifically, we had 2 baptisms this week, and I was able to help
Nuestra zona jugando volley:D
Funny: I was trying to print out a phrase by Elder Holland in Spanish for our zone conference, but my mind was in a complete WHIRL on p-day because internet time is so limited. Thus, I accidentally printed it in English. I realized this, and hurried to print antoher copy, but realized after we had left that I had printed it in Portugese, haha! Resolutely, I had a gringo help me translate the phrase into Spanish.
Good old gringos:D
We were teaching a lesson to a woman when her niece decided to join us.  Throughout the lesson she was rifling through my bag, and ultimately decided that my water was the best item to enjoy :)
Cultural: I have learned to check expiration dates:) There are little stores about every 10 houses, which is great, only a little sketchy sometimes because the expiration dates are a bit off, haha:D
Zone Conference :D
A picture of exchanges we had with another companionship  I love this picture, because we were all trying to take a picture at once, and Sister Madsen ended up with a completely red face, haha :D
Spriritual: We had 2 baptisms this week and it felt so great! Juan Pablo and his dad, Mario, are such amazing people and have such strong testimonies of the church. My favorite part of the baptism was seeing the bright smiles on their face after their baptisms and hearing their testimonies as well. They are very excited and eager to grow and help in the church!
Bolivian Night in Sucre


No comments:

Post a Comment