Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, November 21, 2016

Visiting the Jungle

We received this photo from Sister Lizzy Mitchell - Thanks Lizzy!
Hello Everyone!

This week was full of miracles, including my first baptism with a rock, solid member, and visitng the jungle!

Funny: As we were closing a lesson with an older women, I told her "descanse en paz" because I could tell that she was very tired. I learned very quickly, however, not to say this as it translates directly to "rest in peace" or, to die...

Cultural: This week was also very eye opening. We met a boy named Joseway who was sitting alone in the streets with his head down and eyes red with tears. We came to find out that he was waiting for his grandma to walk him home (which could mean hours). We also found out that he was very lonely as he didn`t have any other friends. It was clear to see that he lacked confidence in himself and also in his future. Thus, we taught him about Christ, prayer, and the love the Christ and Heavenly Father ALWAYS have for him. When it came time to say the closing prayer I asked him if there was anything he wanted for me to pray for specifically to which he replied "pan" or bread.

Life isn`t always fair. It is hard and sometimes seems impossible, but through the light of Christ, there is always light!


Spritual: This week was very special and spiritual as we were able to witness Andy be baptised and receive the gift of the holy ghost. He is a great guy, and he will make very influential chages for the better in the ward!

We were also blessed to encounter a family who has many less active members as well as two children who have not been baptized. We are currently teaching the two children who attended Andy`s baptism, attended the church activities for their age groups and church. They are learning very fast, have lots of interest and we are working towards their baptism date which is in a few weeks from now! Hopefully we can also reactivate their family!

I love you all so much! Have a great week, and please know that we can always find our way out of the darkness if we simply remember to turn on the light (the light of Christ)!

Hermana Garff

This was added as a bonus :)

Okay:D

So, one more story...

Earlier when we were visiting the jungle I accidentally left my camera on the bus and didn´t realize that until later. I have my camera now, so no worries, but here is the story:D

I felt very prompted to talk to the bus driver befor leaving the jungle. His name is Juan Carlos and he was very nice! Probably one of the nicest people I have met here:D After getting off the bus I felt impressed to check for my camera, but saw my case and thought nothing of it. I continued to get feelings to check for my camera, but didn´t do it until after lunch.

After realizing I didn´t have my camera, I panicked, prayed, called around, and prayed some more. 10 minutes later, we were able to contact the bus driver and we met with him later today to pick it up.

This was definitely a miracle!!! People, especially with finances, have all the temptations in the world to not be honest, but he was.

I know that God is with me, and that he answers prayers. It is truly a miracle that I have my camera and all of pictures again. I have also learned that I need to download my pictures on a flash drive and that I need to follow the promptings I receive, and watch out for my possessions more.

Sorry about no pics this week, really! I forgot the cords at our house because we left for the jungle super early this morning, but I will send lots of pics next week:D

Love you, sorry for losing my camera!
Hermana Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment