Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, November 14, 2016

Halloween and Stalker Pictures



Hello Everyone!

This week was great, and I was able to witness many miracles, especially yesterday! But first, I would like to touch on the election! In all honesty I don´t know very much about the election, but I find it so funny that pretty much everyone in Bolivia knows everything about it! They always try talking to me about it, but seeing that I really don´t know that much about it, I have really found that all I can say is "This is why I am living in Bolivia:)"

Funny: The picutre that I sent that is a little dark is actually pretty funny, because every night before we enter our hosue, we always run into this same couple who is always flirting, kissing, or hugging and finally, I plucked up the courage to take a stalker picture with my companion...in an effort to be sneaky, you can barely see the couple, but it is pretty prime:D
Yes, this is Katie's Stalker Photo.  Clearly this took a great amount of courage to take.
 Too bad nothing is distinguishable, but still very Katie
Cultural: Bolivia doesn´t exactly celebrate Halloween or any other holiday besides Christmas and New Years. Thus, my companion and I celebrated pretty heavily, with Halloween candies that we received from the Wood family-thank you so much! It was so fun to share this candy with other kids on the street and explain a little about America and their holidays:D

Spritual: Yesterday I had the opportunity to play in church for the first time, and I almost cried as I was able to see how full the chapel was. Almost every bench was brimming full of people, and my heart leaped as I was able to watch a less active member walk into church after the sacrament. We have been working really hard with him for weeks to feel a desire to come to church again!

Also, we have a baptismal date this Saturday for a very solid and prepared investigator named Andy. He has been taking all of the lessons very well, is very excited for his baptismal date and will be such a help to the church in the future! I am so grateful to be out here teaching whoever is willing to listen, but it is such a miracle to have an investigator like this every once in a while who is extremely prepared to enter the church!

I love you all so much!
Hermana Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment