Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy Mothers' Day from Sucre

The Castle of Mirrors
Hello Everyone and Happy Mothers' Day!

This last week was great! I LOVED skyping with my family, and would specifically like to wish my grandpa a HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D

Funny: As described below, Cechua is another language here in Bolivia. However, I didn`t know that it was so popular here. I remember my first Sunday in my second area, I started panicking, because our sacrament meeting was in Cechua and I couldn`t understand it (I thought it was Spanish), haha! Later, I came to find out that every 4th Sunday here is in Cechua. Cool!

We visited the only castle in Bolivia, and it was great!  It is called the Castle of Mirrors because well... there are a lot of mirrors.  Here are some pics:
The king and queen adopted about 50 kids to like here so they could have somewhere to live and grow up.

Cultural: Hna Ines is the woman who I presented during Skype. She is an absolute angel and can speak Spanish and Cechua and is currently excited to be learning English from my companion and I. Cechua is a beautiful language and nearly all of the people in Sucre can speak it...except me and my companion, haha!

Spiritual: This week, I really wanted to focus on "fearing no man." This was a GREAT thing for me to focus on, because, truly, it helped me to follow the Holy Ghost every time. Specifically, we ended up having a cita with 3 big, footbally player looking guys and a member. It was intimidating at first, but as we taught, we did it with confidence, and ended up extending 3 bapstimal invitations and 2 of the 3 accepted and are excited and ready to learn more.
We also went to the dinosaur museum as a zone and it was awesome!
There is an AWESOME member who lives in our ward and he and hsi wife are SO cute! Even though they can`t walk very well, the husband always insists that we come to visit him so that we can visit his "investigators" He ALWAYS shares the Gospel WHEREVER he is and that is AWESOME!! Additionally, I remember a time when we visited them, and as we were leaving we turned back to say goodbye, but paused when we saw them kneel and hear them begin to pray for us. They are awesome!
More Adventures in Bolivian Plumbing... Thanks Katie:)
 
I don't know what it is with bathrooms and kitchen here, but they always seem to break down, haha:) We have not had any water in the bathroom or kitchen sink, let alone the toilet, but luckily, we have had water in the shower, so we have been using that:)
I love giving our CTR rings to the kids and adults here because they LOVE them and take such great pride in them!
I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Hna Garff 

No comments:

Post a Comment