Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, February 20, 2017

Music, Sasha and Valentines


This week I accompanied the Young Women in my ward in their song festival with all of the other young women.  It was so neat because I could tell they loved it!
Happy Valentine´s Day:D

This week was incredible for lots of different reasons, but my favorite being that we are going to have 2 baptisms next week!!

Funny: This week was a little funny because there was tons of music! I accompanied the YW in my ward for their music festival. We preformed "He Sent His Son." I also acompanied the second counselor in our ward for sacrament meeting. He sang "Love at Home," and I LOVED accompanying him, because he was VERY excited to sing and happy to share his talent:D Lastly, I accompanied a group of missionaries in our zone conference. We sang "Be Still my Soul" and this too was very powerful:D

I accompanied these missionaries in our Zone Conference.  They sang "Be Still My Soul" and it was beautiful :D
It was so great to be a part of this!
Here is another beautiful picture of the celestial skies here!
Cultural: CARNIVAL:D This is a HUGE holiday here where people douse each other with water in the streets at any time and at anyone. Carnival is next week, but the celebrations have started this week and it is pretty crazy:D As we were walking past one of the grand events, a little girl doused us pretty well. Wow, I can´t wait for next week, haha:D
This is one of the set ups of a huge festival here called "Carnival".  Carnival will take place next week.  It is a HUGE celebration where everyone throws water at one another.  A little girl sprayed us pretty well when we were walking by ;D
There is a ton of fresh juice sold on the street and it tastes SO good!
The only problem is that the people selling the juice never want to take a picture with us, haha :D
Spiritual: This week we are expecting two baptisms: an 8 year old from a less active family who is going to be baptized by his dad:) and another 8 year old girl from out ward.  We have been meeting with her for the past few weeks because her family really wanted her to be baptized, but she had lots of doubts.  Now, she is excited, ready, and anxious to be baptized and receive the grand gift of the Holy Ghost:)
This is a picture of me and a dog named Sasha.  We are not friends, haha!  We had a golden investigator, but Sasha always interrupted the lessons because she wanted to play.  Now we can't get ahold of the golden investigator.
So yes, we are not friends ;)
We had a ward activity this week called Minute To Win It.  The members LOVED it and our investigators did too...
This is one of our investigators, Javier.  He is "super-awesome", and as we discovered, also very competitive, haha!  He was very proud that we won, so he asked us to take a picture :D
My companion can cook like a champ.  I am so lucky!
I love you all!  Thank you so much for your love, emails and support.  Sorry it I can't always respond right away - please just know that it always makes me smile to see emails from such great people!!

Love,
Hermana Garff
My Companion and I were each other's Valentine twin;)
Happy Valentine's Day :D

pic1: There is tons of fresh juice in the street and it tastes SO good! The only problem is that the people selling the juice never want to take a picture with us, haha:D
pic 2: This week I accompanied the Young Women in my ward in their song festival with all of the other young women. It was so neat because I could tell they loved it!
pic 3: This is one of the set ups of a huge festival here called "Carnival". Carnival will take place next week, but it is a HUGE celebration where everyone throws water at one another. A little girl sprayed us pretty well when we were walking by;D
pic 4: Here is another beautiful picture of the Celestial skies here!
pic 5: We had a ward activity this week called minute to win it. The members LOVED it and our investigators too...
pic 6: This is one of our investigators, Javier. He is super awesome, and as we discovered, also very competitive, haha! He was super proud that we won, so he asked us to take a picture:D
pic 7: This is a picture of me and a dog named Sasha. We are not friends, haha! We had a golden investigator, but she always interrupted the lesson because she wanted to play. Now we can´t get ahold of the golden investigator, so yes. We are not friends;)
pic 8: My companion can cook like a champ. I am so lucky!
pic 9: I accompanied these missionaries in our zone conference. They sung "Be still my soul" and it was beautiful:D So great to be apart of it!
pic 10: My companion and I were each other´s Valentine twin;)
pic 11: Happy Valentine´s Day:DHappy Valentine´s Day:D


No comments:

Post a Comment