Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, August 14, 2017

More Happy Moments in Bolivia

Probably my favorite picture in this UNIVERSE because it is so funny!
As missionaries, we are literally untouchable;D
The Last Supper;)
Some of our friends are going home today, so OF COURSE we had to celebrate!
One of the Elders that is going home gave us his protein powder that he didn't finish. Since Hermana Renovato is about to go home, we made it a definite goal to make sure she goes home with muscles...haha!
Hola:)

This week was incredible, so I hope that everyone at home is doing well too! And, I realize that school will be starting again soon, so good luck:D Personally, I feel very lucky to still be out in the mission field, haha!
The other day we had a bbq with Rubèn and David.
They are so awesome, but wow! I forgot how much meat boys eat, haha!
Funny: Angelo and Rodrigo's dog is the absolute best, but mostly just because she smells good. Out of curiousity, we asked them how often they bathed their dog. After finding out that she gets bathed twice a week, we burst out laughing because we realized that the dog bathes more regularly than we do;D
This is the lovely smelling dog that I mentioned above...
you know, the one that bathes more regularly than we do;D
Cultural: We were visiting this sweet old lady named Antonia the other day, and that visit was so eye opening, because it made me realize that there aren't any rest homes here to help the elderly. Antonia is literally blind, but lives by herself (so she does all of the cooking, cleaning, etc.) and in Bolivia, all of the stoves need to be lit with fire. Because she is nearly blind, she nearly lights herself on fire every time:0 However, she is one of the most faithful members of the church and has a firm testimony, SO God blesses her and I am here to witness that there are literally angels in her house helping her to do the things she needs to do every day to stay safe.
This sweet old lady is the one that I described above. She is absolutely amazing and is the exact type of grandma I want to become: firm in the faith and faithful to how much cake she makes every week;D
We went to a dance concert that various kids in our ward were involved with.
It was so cool because we got to see dances from Bolivia, Peru and Chile. So cool!
And...this is me dressed in the costume of the little girl that we went to see in the concert, haha:D
Spiritual: This week was special because my personal studies were AMAZING:D I was able to learn so much more about Christ and I would just like to share how much I admire that Christ healed, walked with, uplifted, talked to and cared about absolutely everyone! EVERYONE was important to Him and I LOVE that!
My favorite member of the church!
Angelo and his special gift...the only thing I can do with my tongue is make a hot dog,
so I really respect him, haha!

Have the best darn weeks of your lives! I love you all and I really hope that you will make good choices;D

Hna Garff

No comments:

Post a Comment