Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, December 12, 2016

New Companion Hermana Condori


 My new companion! Hermana Condori is the greatest! We get along well and teach very well together too.   Heck! We even dress the same without meaning too;D

Hello Everybody!

This week was so great and just flew by! We experienced many miracles, and I absolutely love my companion! Her name is Hermana Condori, she too is from Peru, and she is 24 years old. She is very sweet, incredibly sensitive, and is excited about the work. I really love that she has such a strong relationship with her Father in Heaven and that she is here to work hard!
It is so fun to run into members on the street - they make it all seem possible!
Funny: One day we were knocking on a door, and a man yelled from the other side "Nadie esta" which means "nobody is home"...really, sir?, haha:D
Cultural: In order to prevent "ladrones" or "robbers" in Bolivia there are usually tall gates with spikey bits of soda glass and barbed wire. In some areas, there are even people who are stationed in the streets to blow their whistles to sound the neighbors if they see anything suspicious (there really aren't police here, haha!). There really aren't too many robbers, but yes, that's Bolivia:D
 My best friends in the mission! I love sister missionaries!

Spiritual: As we were walking to one of our appointments, we encountered children begging in the streets. We can't give money, but we can give food:D I gave them some peanuts from my bag, and watched as they joyfully raced to their mother who was hovered in a corner of a store. We walked over to the mom and taught them about Christ and the love He has for them. After the lesson, we bought them a bunch of bananas and some bread. The food was temporary, so we are really hoping that they can find peace, love and a future through Christ!
 We got the package with music! Thank you so so so much! I am planning a musical number with the young adults here and they are very excited! Also, my companion didn´t get any packages for Christmas, she is new and she was super stoked about the package, so thanks for sending one!

I love you all, and I hope that all the tests/final projects will go well this week before the holidays:D

Hermana Garff


No comments:

Post a Comment