Sister Katie Garff

Sister Katie Garff
Bolivia Cochabamba Mission

Monday, November 6, 2017

HAPPY HALLOWEEN :D

Katie as a Tahitian (and the only one who dressed up for their zone activity)

Funny: For the zone activity, we were given permission to dress up and so of COURSE I took FULL advantage of that permission and dressed up as a Tahitian:) But...unforutnately the rest of our zone didn't take that very seriously and I was the only one that ended up dressing up, hahaha that is definitely my life;D
We saw horses in the park and OF COURSE had to take pics:)
Hey, HAPPY HALLOWEEN:D

This was one of the BEST weeks of my mission:) We had a MIRACLE baptism and my companion and I were able to strengthen our zone by planning a zone, Halloween activity. It was awesome:)
Our spiritual sponge, Gustavo, showed us part of his Halloween costume and we simply drank it up:) He is so funny and very dedicated to his costumes. What´s even better is that the other day, we went by his house to talk about the Book of Mormon, but he told us that he simply couldn't because he was working on his Halloween costume, haha:)

Always happy to pose for a Halloween shot
Cultural: When we were filling up the baptismal font, the Elders were telling us how lucky we were that our water was clean. I was a bit confused, so I asked why and came to find out that in other wards, the water comes out green....I suppose it simply depends on where you are in Cochabamba and how much water is available.

A gift that we made for one of the members in our ward becuase it was his birthday and we heard that he likes pineapples...but because we are a pretty crazy companionship,
we simply had to put a face on it to make it creepy;)
Spiritual: Mary is incredible:) She is amazing because she has changed her life so much to be able to enter the waters of baptism to follow the perfect example of Jesus Christ. She has made many mistakes, BUT, she made a 180 degree turn in her life over these past 2 months to be able to be baptized. She is a completely different person in the sense that she has a light that makes her countenance RADIATE:) 
Mary's baptism:) And, what's even cooler is that our mission president got to baptize her:)

Temple Bolivia, Cochabamba!
Going to the temple with Mary - It was AWESOME!
She was unsure about her baptism this past week, so we put SO much effort into our lessons, tactics and prayers so that she could still be baptized this week. She was still unsure until Saturday at about 12:00pm when she sent us a text message that she was absolutely decided that she wanted to get baptized. Althought it was CRazY getting everything ready for her baptism in 20 hours, we did it and with our bodies absolutely brimming full of joy and thanksgiving. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! I LOVE it when the Lord allows us to see miracles according to our faith and obedience and I LOVE the change that it brings to the lives of others:)
The miracle message that we got from Mary:) She basically told us that after praying and praying, she received the answer from God that she should get baptized. So COOL! I LOVE mission miracles!
This is what my bed looked like pretty much every morning because I was so stressed, haha;D
For part of our p-day, we helped Soña (who makes food for all of the missionaries in the mission home on special occasions) make desserts and....we didn't burn down the mission home-wahoo:)
I love our companionship:
 My companion is AWESOME:) We celebrated my 15 months with pizza:D (a while back)
I love you all. Have a great week!
Hna Garff 
One of THE GREATEST facial expressions from a recent convert, haha:) You gotta love that smile;)

Getting my watch fixed...again!;D
While getting my watch fixed in Ingavi, I got to see a few old friends from my first area. It was awesome!


Our zone at the Christ statue:) I remember when I went there during my first day and when Hna Condori started her mission. It was awesome and it was so cool to go back:D

No comments:

Post a Comment